Myrddin Bouwman studied law at the University of Amsterdam between 1998-2002. She obtained a law degree in Dutch law and procedure, and also a second law degree in Internationaal & European Law. Subsequently she worked as a lecturer in criminal law and procedure at the Universiteit Utrecht, the Willem Pompe Institute for Criminal Law Science.
She was approached in 2003 to become a lawyer by the famous criminal defence lawyer Mr Max Moszcowicz senior.
Ms Bouwman has worked at the law firm Moszkowicz Advocaten in Maastricht and Amsterdam. Afterwards, she worked at Van Appia & Van der Lee Law Firm in Amsterdam, of which 5 years as a partner of the firm.
In 2014 Advocatenkantoor BouwmaN WAS FOUNDED.
The law firm has offices in Amsterdam and Groningen. Ms Bouwman represents clients at courts throughout the entire country.
Ms Bouwman is fluent in:
English, French, German and Papiamento
Professional memberships of Ms Bouwman:
- Member of the Dutch Association of Criminal Defence Specialists (NVSA);
- Member of the Dutch Association of Juvenile Law Practitioners (VNJA);
- Board Member of ‘Euromos’, an NGO founded with the objective to ensure and protect defence rights throughout Europe;
- Member of ‘FTI’ (Fair Trials International), an international organisation based in London, aiming to protect defence rights;
- Member of the ECBA, the European Criminal Bar Association
- Member of the Forum (against) Life Imprisonment